Y&W Farm Center opened Saturday, April 21st, 1956 with owners Sam Young and Glenn Webb. Glenn moved to Madison from Pine Hall in 1956 to open a feed mill. He was told that Madison was growing and the town needed the feed mill to support all the farming. What got Glenn motivated was one Saturday in Madison… The town was having a “Greased Pig” contest where everyone came downtown to try to catch a pig covered in grease. Whoever caught him won a prize. Glenn had never seen so many people in his life, so it was decided- they would open a feed mill in Madison. That was the beginning of Y & W Farm Center.
Staying in the family for the past 60 years, Y&W Farm Center has grown to much more than a feed mill. It’s now run by brothers Greg and Stephen Webb who love Madison just as much as Glenn did when he first arrived. We offer many more products these days and have grown the business much beyond a feed mill. Y&W is a staple in the community serving Rockingham, Stokes, and surrounding counties with your lawn and garden needs!